Sunday, June 10, 2012

Garden Shed

Wow! I can't believe how long it has been since I've posted. Not that I haven't been painting, but too much going on.... I've been painting a series of works that I intend to unveil so to speak at an artfair in the fall. I didn't realize how much effort was involved to have a body of paintings for sale purposes. I'm a weekend painter as I work full time, and weekends are my only time for painting. So...I've been busy...preparing. In the midst of working towards that goal, I've revisited a few of my paintings that I am less than happy with. I used to cover up failures with gesso; now, I think, create sketches and problem solve to recreate and salvage the paintings. I currently have two paintings in transition...I think they are salvageable. Below is a painting that sat in the closet hiding, not sure if I was going to gesso over it, but I thought, more of a challenge to try to save it. There were elements about the painting that I liked...so below are the before and after pictures... I think that the painting turned out nicely! I am happy with it anyway. Closing for now, may God bless you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home