Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pretty colors

I love the Spanish moss hanging from the trees. On a foggy day, rather spooky, that Spanish moss goes everywhere and on anything. I think that if I stood still long enough, I'd have it hanging from me. This little painting is a paint over. Some of the colors from my previous attempt, I kept; whether, it will stay that way is yet to be seen. But, I do love the colors!


No title as of yet. I took photos of the Springhouse here in Gainesville, and the surrounding area. This is from a photo looking up a hill at a picnic area. It was a beautiful day, and I took lots of photos. Currently, I am working on a large (for me) painting of the Springhouse. There are areas that I am pleased with and some that I'm not, but that's normal.

I stayed home from work today as I was not feeling well. Painting helps to take the attention off of a ailing body. It puts you into another place, and you are so focused on what you are doing that you don't notice the aches and pains. Fortunately or unfortunately, I love to paint people. I think most people enjoy viewing a landscape, and I enjoy painting them, but not as much as I enjoy painting people. What are you going to do? Why paint if no passion?


"Three Friends"

Walking along the a trail at Payne's Prairie, I saw these three young women walking and talking; took their picture and viola! So many beautiful days in Florida...hot, but beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home