Sunday, October 2, 2011

Onward and Upward

My husband & I  visited Ginny Springs, FL a few weeks ago.  It was a beautiful day to visit a spring.  There was a slight breeze in the air, gorgeous scenery in every direction.  Great day to be outdoors.  Below are just a couple of photos from the springs.


I took too many photos of the spring....I just love the incredible colors of the water.  There are so many possibilites and ideas to explore for creating lots of paintings.  The springs yield themselves to be enjoyed in many different levels.  Divers exploring the depths of the underwater caves, swimmers enjoying the coolness of the pure water, kayaks darting here and there, lots of people intertubing down the river and visiting the various springs along the way, campers, children playing, and people like us shooting pictures and talking with folks....very enjoyable!

Currently I have two paintings are in progress; one from research material taken at Ginny Springs and the other from Rum Island Springs.  It's slow going....

As of September 30th, my solo exhibition at Books, Inc. has come to a close, but I am working on paintings for another show coming up in November.  I feel like I scheduled them back to back even though there is one month between the two.  I'm not sure that I will do this again!  Yikes!

Back to work

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home